Trade name: Daonile..
First generation sulfonylurea.
1. Increases the sensitivity of pancreatic islet cells.
2. Increases insulin secretion.
3. Increases insulin ability to combine with receptors.
Non-insulin dependent D.M type II.
0.5-1 tabs" 5mg" daily, increased to 2.5-5 mg weekly.
1. D.M type I
2. Renal and liver diseases.
3. Diabetes complicated by recurrent episodes of ketoacidosis.
Hypotension, nausea, heart burn, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, weakness, and pancytopnea.
1. Drugs taken with food to decrease gastric upset.
2. Stop it of sings of side effects or ketoacidosis appear.